[geeks] GPS clocks

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 24 16:26:02 CDT 2001

bkelley at birch.net writes:

>I'd like to hear anyone's opinions on cheap reliable gps refrence clocks.
>I'm specifically looking at the one made by gpsclock.com.
>Anyone know of any other sub $500 complete units(board + antenna +
>rs-232 interface)?

I wonder if you could use one as a war detector.

GPS is supposed to stop being usefull when "the shit hits the
fan", right? Can they stop people from getting the mil channel
anymore, or is that distinction completely history?

Someone told me once that there was no security whatsoever in
the data, and the military relied on the cooperation of the
GPS receiver makers to not use the high-resolution mil channel
for civilian units.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
--------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------