[geeks] My love/hate with Mickeysoft...

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 24 14:02:17 CDT 2001

On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 11:56, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> They are pulling Java support from IE.  They have their own answers to
> questions that have already been asked, like Windows Media player, Active
> X, and their answer to the univeral VST plug-ins for sequencing.
>
> Why?? Why in the hell to they come out with another format, when we have
> Quicktime, MP3's, and the like already?  It just adds another layer of
> confusion.

They can't continue to ship Java, more or less.  They can keep it in
their existing products, but can't add it to any new ones.  Since IE is
now part of the operating system for MS, they've got to decouple Java
from IE (clearly a new version of MS Windows is a new product, and can't
include Java).
	Greg