[geeks] XP is _nice_

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 23 13:28:00 CDT 2001

On 23 Sep 2001, at 12:02, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> > I've finally got around to playing with WindowsXP, in German no
> > less, and it's very, very nice. I didn't have to install a single
> > driver other than my printer and after 10min of setting up the
> > interface it's exactly how I want it. It's got tons of nice features
> > and is worth upgrading from 2000 I think. With every release Windows
> > is getting better an better. Mike
>
> If you turn off the 'System Recovery' or snapshot-ish feature, its
> MUCH faster, and when I used it, I used the "Classic" interface as
> well; the "day glo" interface was just ugly.

Hrm, time to find out what that is in German. I kinda like the new
interface, it's a nice change from what I've looked at all these
years. And I'm loath to randomly change things for fear of totally
screwing up the system.

> I prefer my Mac with OS X now. 8-)

Pah, I'd like to try it but it's far too much ca$h. And AFAIK it
doesn't do Windows network file sharing which is essential to the
way I work.

Mike