[geeks] Re: [edoc at citicom.com: [cfgeeks] Re: Red Cross Bills?] (Bill Bradford)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 18 07:35:32 CDT 2001

On The Red Cross, I have no answers, only information and opinions:

Information:

The Red Cross has openings in their collections department (see
http://www.redcross.org/jobs/finance.html#CreditCollections ), and I can't
for the life of me think what an external customer is if not a victim in an
emergency.

Opinion:

*IF* the Red Cross ofers aid, then presents a bill for the delivered
services, well, that worries me, but I don't know enough to make a decision.
I mean, the local fire company/first-aid squad has been known to send bills
to folks they transport to the hospital, and that's OK (Insurance will
typically pick up the tab I suspect, allowing the fire squad/first-aid to
continue to operate). If the Red Cross "bill" is handled as guideline
document for future giving, then that seems reasonable ("We provided you
with $500 in services, how much would you like to contribute? $________").

Now, if failure to "contribute" winds up on your credit report, well, that
is bad...

Ken