[geeks] Re: [rescue] Overdrive Chips

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 21:46:42 CDT 2001

I think what you are seein mike is a system with a
hybrid arrqngement - 2x dual CPU subsystems (it is
wired as two seperate dual CPU arrangements, with
"custom" glue to provide a nice 4-way arrangement).

I think the Overdrive has the same limitation that the
PPro does, and your MB handles up to 6 (nice...)

Ken

--- Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:
> Depends on the machine. It says in the documentation
> that the PII Overdrive for
> PPro is only supposed to do 2 way SMP.
>
> I have an ALR Quad6 that seems to like 4 of them.
>
> Mike N

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com