[geeks] RE: Re: [rescue] God bless America

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 16:36:34 CDT 2001

Taken to geeks - hey, I know it didn't work last time, but at least
I'm trying :-)

wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> OK, we drop the tariffs and many of our farms will go out of business.  Who needs farms.  Who needs the food?

Standard capitalist ideology is that if the food is needed businesses will
exist to fulfil the demand.  So which is it to be, farms going bankrupt,
or capitalism?

> Sometimes we need to be watched.  Feedback is very important in any system.
> In spite of mistakes, I think the US has done pretty good for a relatively young
> country.  But now we have someone who has attacked us directly, first in history (Hawaii
> was not part of the US at the time of Pearl Harbor).

Your laws applied there; your currency was valid there ...

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it damned well is a duck.

    Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
    to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
    number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet