[geeks] Re: [rescue] God bless America

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 13:20:53 CDT 2001

>> And [we should kill] those groups who blamed our foreigh policy for
>> these attacks

>I guess that includes me then.  I don't think many Americans realise quite
>how much they are hated by the huge numbers of people who are victims of
>your government's foreign policies.

so.... lemme get this straight. you say that this attack is *excusable* or that the peoiple who died *deserved* it?

We didn't *force* anyone to attack anything. This is like a 6 year old saying that I  "made" her hit me because I wouldn't let her have ice cream.

>You crow about your much-vaunted
>democracy, and yet you fail to use your democracy to elect decent people,
>instead electing racist war-mongers.

one word, if you want to throw around this kind of crap.

Thatcher.

>Y'know, I find the vile reaction of a great many American citizens who I
>had thought were decent, intelligent people to be far more disturbing than
>the attack itself.

I fail to see anything vile about wanting all of the terrorists dead.  I not that I'm not in favor of carpet bombing any particular nation. I'm also not in favor of machine gunning innocent Indians, but that would be  a different kind of foreign policy, perhaps.

> That 'only' killed a few thousand people, but there
>are literally *hundreds* of thousands of innocent casualties of US foreign
>policy

out of those hundreds of thusands, how many were in armed conflict, how many were directly killed innocents (I mean US citizen pulls trigger) and how many were the victims of another government misusing aid? We don't always make great choices about who we help, but overall, we *try*. Blaming the passengers of, say, flight 77, seems a bit far fetched.

Personally, anyone who thinks that any of this justifies what happened tuesday is sick.

-Christof