[geeks] Iris Crimson Rescue

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 14:11:14 CDT 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Big Endian wrote:
> yes, plain scsi, yes they boot headless (if you are going to do this
> I'll pay you 3x what you're paying PLUS shipping for it, the only SGI
> to run headless is a challenge/origin), it COULD suck 1100w, depends
> on the configuration.

I've got no idea what video it's got, but from what I've been able to
scare up, the machine can take up to 256MB of RAM (which it may have). It
does have an ethernet transciever included, FWIW.

I'm looking for a source on a recent copy of IRIX for it, installation
instructions, and so on. Leads as to how to attach an SGI to an
independant monitor (5BNC) or SVGA monitor would be nice as well.

Some one needs to write an SGI hardware guide like the Sun one. :)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |