[geeks] Hijacked

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 13:07:27 CDT 2001

>> Well, I wouldn't think he would do whatever told.  I mean, if he is
>> ordered to kill hundreds of people, or a few passengers would die,
which
>> would you choose?
>
>Think about it - the pilots had no way of knowing the hijackers were
>going to fly into a building.  As far as they knew, they just wanted
>go to Cuba...
>
>From what I've seen of the pilot's union, they agree unanimously that
>if faced between killing himself and the people on the plane, or
killing
>thousands of people in the WTC, the pilot would choose to auger the
plane
>in.

That's the point exactly. If the terrorists cannot get into the cockpit
then they have to tell the pilot what to do. Like you said, no pilot
would fly his plane into a building because terrorists would kill
people in the back. If the hijackers said "Fly to Cuba" the pilot could
fly to Cuba, no buildings would be destroyed.

Mike