[geeks] Hijacked

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 10:45:42 CDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 09:40:54AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 09:58:16AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Well, I wouldn't think he would do whatever told.  I mean, if he is
> > ordered to kill hundreds of people, or a few passengers would die, which
> > would you choose?
>
> Think about it - the pilots had no way of knowing the hijackers were
> going to fly into a building.  As far as they knew, they just wanted to
> go to Cuba...

Not in the above case (which perhaps I shouldn't have clipped) because
the idea was the there is no door between the cockpit and cabin, so the
highjackers can't take the stick, but instead have to pass orders up to
the pilot.

Not sure if totally sealing off the cockpit is a good idea, but I was just
pointing out a flaw in the argument against it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd