[geeks] Hijacked

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 09:40:54 CDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 09:58:16AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Well, I wouldn't think he would do whatever told.  I mean, if he is
> ordered to kill hundreds of people, or a few passengers would die, which
> would you choose?

Think about it - the pilots had no way of knowing the hijackers were
going to fly into a building.  As far as they knew, they just wanted to
go to Cuba...

>From what I've seen of the pilot's union, they agree unanimously that
if faced between killing himself and the people on the plane, or killing
thousands of people in the WTC, the pilot would choose to auger the plane
in.

Wasnt it Asimov (along with the Laws of Robotics) that said "the needs of
the many outweight the needs of the few" ?  Same argument could be used
if the US did/had to/was faced with having to shoot down a hijacked
airliner.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford