[geeks] Hijacked

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 22:09:52 CDT 2001

> And as far as ridiculous hijackings go, back during the Reagan years
> a Cuban expatriate hijacked a commercial airliner back to Cuba using
> a GALLON OF GASOLINE and a lighter.
>
> Dave Muran-de Assereto

Got a better one.  A pilot was demonstrating the guidence computer to a passenger
visiting the cabin on a New York to Miami flight.  As an example, the pilot typed in the code
for Havana and told the passenger that the plane would fly there.  After the cabin visit
the pilot went back to "flying" the plane.  Getting close to southern Florida, the plane started
to turn east.  The pilot started to check for any malfunctions and suddenly realized
he forgot to clear the code.  The computer was hijacking the plane.  (I don't know true
this is, <- disclaimer,  but it is funny.)