[geeks] Hijacked

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 21:18:40 CDT 2001

> The blade length is based on your hand size. The blade can't be larger
> than your four fingers. My dad brings a short sword on flight since he has
> sausage fingers. :)

The blade on my "companion" is only 3.25 inches long - exactly the width of
my hand, at the base of my fingers.

It's a Junglee Sahara Jr - by all accounts a wicked looking blade.  Tanto
blade and thumb wheel so that it can be opend with a flick of my wrist.

I make no bones about it though.  I display it proudly - clipped to my
pocket.  I even use it in daily use.  Need a box opened, lunch sliced,
fingernails trimmed, etc - it's here.

The sound as it opens is unique.  A freind who used to work for the DOD was
startled one day as I opened it while standing at the urinal next to him.
He likened it to the sound of a pump action shotgun being racked.  He made
me promise to never do that again....

Sorry - just felt as if I needed to talk about something else for a
moment....

Kurt