[geeks] Hijacked

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 20:29:13 CDT 2001

> "Hijacked with knives", WITH KNIVES. A decently strong lockable door on
> our planes would have saved 10s of thousands of lives.

I recently was drooling over the Cabelas catalog, Boker Knives makes a very
sweet looking ceramic knife.  It's been a long time, but I've also seen
fiberglass and plastic knives - both with razor sharp edges.

Knives exist that could be passed through metal detectors - no doubt about
it.  You can't X-Ray everyone though, and these are risks you take for
having certain freedoms.

My wife would like to see flourascopes (sp?) at airport terminals - not sure
that will happen....

Kurt