[geeks] Hijacked

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 18:51:06 CDT 2001

>> "Hijacked with knives", WITH KNIVES. A decently strong lockable door
on
>> our planes would have saved 10s of thousands of lives.
>
>A locked door doesent stop "open the door or I start killing people".

No, but it would most certain stop "crash plane and kill thousands." I
think that any sane person, given the choice between having all the
people on the plane killed and having all the people on a plane killed
and many thousands more die would choose the first. Or a door would
give the pilot time to contact ground support and tell them what is
going on. At which point if the ground can make a decision.

Mike