[geeks] Hijacked

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 18:29:22 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 16:28, Zach Malone wrote:
> That was what I had been thinking.  A knife is any bladed weapon under (6?)
[snip]

You can't carry a knife onto a plane if the blade is longer than 3.5 or
4 inches (can't remember which).  That doesn't mean that you can do it,
as they'll let you through US security with damn near a short sword if
you show it to them.  Airports overseas are a little pickier about these
things.  They even confiscated my Victorinox multi-tool (think
"leatherman", only made of nicer steel).
	Greg