[geeks] oh my god.

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 18:05:33 CDT 2001

I'm reading up from the bottom here (my cable's been borked this evening)
but....

As a non-US citizen type my outsider's view is that any form of proper war -
and hence a draft - are highly unlikely. This isn't a conventional enemy.
It's terrorism/guerrilla warfare, a large conventional military force
doesn't seem that useful as a retaliatory force.

I know it's extremely early days but I've been reasonably impressed with
Bush's restraint (so far). For a man who took a while to "back down" from
China he's been extremely controlled so far. I just hope it stays this way.

I'm vaguely getting a grip on the situation now. I was appalled at what I
heard on the radio and read on the 'net while at work. When I got home and
watched some of the situation on TV I had to switch off and listen to some
soothing music for a while.

Now I go to read the rest of my mail and catch up on the news.

Will.