[geeks] Computerized flying

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 17:49:44 CDT 2001

>> It would, however, be interesting to explore a way (biometrics,
>> maybe?) of ensuring that the pilot(s) are the *only* people who can
>> pilot the plane.
>
>Perhaps this never occurs, but in movie plots, but what if the pilots
are
>dead?  There needs to be a way for someone else to fly the plane with
>instructions from flight control.

See my comment about computerized flight control. If the pilot is dead
or incapacitated, the plane lands itself. Or ground control can take
over. Also, to the comment about pilots needing to make changes, that's
why I suggested a code or something. I think my solution would be
pretty good. Not the best and I'm not claiming that I'm an expert at
planes and their operation.

Mike