[geeks] My take

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 16:39:14 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 03:43:01PM -0500, Reagen B. Ward wrote:
> Then again, the US is odd about sending aid.  We give Israel more cash
> than any other nation, but that's OK, because we get most of it back
> when they buy arms from us.  They then use the arms to kill Palestinians
> (right or wrong), and we wonder why the Arab nations still hate us.

For the most part, I'd rather pretty much rather cut all countries off
from federal aid.  If Eastern Mennonite Missions, or whatever, want to
send supplies to Isreal or Libya, fine.  But don't make loans with
interest using federal tax dollars, and don't use the Army to ensure that
private banks get their loans paid back.  If a bank invests in a war, let
the face the risks of loosing the investment.

--
Joshua D. Boyd