[geeks] Lottery (was informal survey)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 07:14:49 CDT 2001

Heh, my first day at work was October 16th or 17th, 1987 - the day teh stock
market crashed, the Vincense shot down the Iranian passenger jet.

I thought it was a sign from God that I shouldn't be working.

At the time, I was working in a datacenter as a mainframe operator, when the
second shift came in, we heard about the "events" of the day...

Remember, this was pre-Ubiquitous Internet...

Ken