[geeks] Lottery (was informal survey)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 01:50:04 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 06:50:22AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > April 19th, 1995.  I lived in Oklahoma City at the time.
> Ooooohhhh... Well, that took the fun out of that idea.

The date was also my first day at ioNET/Internet Oklahoma, Inc.,
my first UNIX/ISP job (I was tech support, "graduated" to assistant
BOFH before I left..)

it was a VERY interesting first day, to say the least.  We ended up
winning a few awards for our online news coverage of what happened,
this was back in the day before widespread online news, etc.

At the time, we even had a streaming RealVideo (I think) feed of
one of the local TV news channels that was doing 24/7 coverage.
It was probably illegal, but at the time, NOBODY cared - we just
wanted to get as much news as possible out to everyone.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net