[geeks] Internet Legal Issues

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 09:53:20 CDT 2001

My wife and I have been down this road with a gang of slimeballs that called
themselves r33t.org. It was a general Eeleetist hate group that thought
anybody less than arian perfect was fodder for their crap. Basically, it
takes money and time. All the laws are really written by the big media
houses and favor them (with billion$ you too can have your own senator).

I can tell you that everything this creep is doing is totally illegal (esp.
on a copyright front), and his ISP, while not responsible for this creeps
action, is responsible to terminate his access. If he violates the ISP's
usage agreement AND the ISP has been informed (by registered mail) the ISP
can be held liable.

A carefully crafted letter by an experienced attourney (hint, most are just
ambulance chasers) can make the ISP poop pineapples. Unfortunately, it takes
a 1 or 2 hundred buckoes just to do this much.