[geeks] Lottery (was informal survey)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 07:11:35 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> Remember, it is not how much you win, it is how much you keep...

Nah, it's the fun of winning. It's just a game 'till I hit the big one.
Doesn't even need to be that big, really. I'm numerate, but that doesn't
mean I have to do the math for everything.

I undertand all the principles you mentioned, but all things considered,
I'm throwing away a dollar a week on an admittedly long chance that I'll
be able to retire early. Yes, throwing away. I know it, and freely admit
that it's OK by me.

Besides, the year I won just happened to be one in which I had no
reported income other than the lottery winnings, so no taxes! :)

And when it's worth $70M, I'll pay the taxes without a complaint. :)

---sambo