[geeks] informal survey

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 06:33:50 CDT 2001

David Cantrell wrote:

> > "What do you do for a living, and whats your "history" ?"
> I'm not sure what my dream job would be, but ...

I left that out, completely by accident.

Attainable dream job would be to drop everything else and focus on the
Internet Technology / Security consulting. I'm actually working toward
it, and as it grows and pays another bill or two every now and then I
scale back on the webmonkey crap (which pays better, but is so-o-o-o
tedious).

> * - I don't do the lottery.  Because I am numerate.

I do. I am also numerate, but I bought a ticket once on a whim, and won.
It was only 5 numbers out of 6, but it was worth $5300. I decided I'd
buy a ticket a week 'till I'd spent the winnings. I'm now 7 years
through the 12. I occassionaly win a dollar or two, and twice slightly
larger (less than $100 each).

I figure it's entirely chance, and people do win, so why should I pass
up my opportunity (even if it is 7M:1)?

When I do win, the plan is to fund a museum of obsolete technology, and
hire Brian Hechinger as the curator.

---sambo