[geeks] Internet Legal Issues

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 23:12:08 CDT 2001

Anybody here an attorney, or know one who is familiar with
Internet issues and the law?

For the past couple of years, a certain individual has been
harassing me.  Spamming posts on forums on my web sites,
subscribing me to 200-300 mailing lists at a time, sending
false Yahoo! greeting cards in my name to other people, things
like that.

He finally "graduated" to creating a web site filled full of
pictures of myself and friends (most taken from my web site(s)
without my permission) that makes light of the fact that I happen
to be a large individual.

Despite repeated requests, this person laughs at me and refuses
to take down the images (that are copyrighted by me).  Due to
this person, I've had to remove most all pictures from any of
my web sites, and not put much personal information up - for
fear of him somenow getting ahold of any more pictures and adding
them to the "collection" on this web page.  This has gotten to the
point where Amy will not allow ANY pictures of her to be on a
public web server, and needless to say, our wedding pictures as
well.

Why is he doing it?  Who knows.  Apparently he just doesent
like me and/or likes my reactions to the shit he pulls.

Anyway, I've had enough.  Tonight he unveiled "v2.0" of this
web site, and its time that I call in the legal eagles, if
such a thing is possible.  I dont think he should have the
right to take images from my web page(s) and use them in turn
to make fun of me, or put false information on the page.

Suggestions?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford