[geeks] I guess our paranoia is justified...

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 22:09:08 CDT 2001

I guess our paranoia about making totally self-destructing computer
systems is more than a little justified by new laws being proposed:

http://www.politechbot.com/docs/hollings.090701.html

I don't think it'll pass as it is but I can believe it will be re-written and
passed.

I used to think all those paranoid people were just overdoing things.
 Now I'm not so sure. :-(  (Yeah, I know - look in the mirror.)

Y'know, this is even going to affect certification in the tech
business.  People who aren't certified are probably not going to be
able to get jobs as easily because they would be more likely to do
something "unsecure" with the technology.  MCIPP - Microsoft Certified
IP Professional.

IP Property Security 101 - not a class I really want to have to take.

Sorry if I'm ranting/droning but things like this make me seriously question
moving my family out of this country.  The question that keeps
stopping me is "Where would this be different?".

Mike Hebel                        mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc