[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: kernel scalability....

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 21:42:35 CDT 2001

> Speaking of which, "informal survey"
>
> "What do you do for a living, and whats your "history" ?"

Current:  Director of Systems for Bungo.com.  Going on 3 months now.
Thankfully, with the advent of my shiny new $PHB title, my hair didn't get
any sharper ;-)  Primarily responsible for several farms of Linux servers,
firewalls, and some NAS appliances.

Previous: Sysadmin for DefendNet (now part of Guardent), Field Consultant
for Linc Systems, Consulting Engineer for CIBER Network services, Customer
Supprt manager for International Trans*Script, Store Manager (ie. whipping
boy) for Cumberland Farms, Personal Trainer for Bally's Health Clubs, myriad
of manual labor jobs.  Never finished college, almost got a degree in
Historic Preservation.

Dream Job: The one I have now :)  I'd also like to have a great idea (the
next Killer Application or Killer Appliance) and get people more experienced
in marketing and business admin to make it a financial success.  I would be
more than happy to cruise the countryside on the dorsal end of motorcycle
with my wife and kids, while other people make me filthy rich.

Kurt