[geeks] Battery for ThinkPad PS/Note 425C....

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 17:46:46 CDT 2001

>> I'd like to get it running for my cheezy serial/SSH/telnet console
>> system since it's pretty self-contained.  It won't come up without
>> some type of battery in it despite having the power supply.
>> (Unless there's a trick I don't know about it...)

MN> On the subject of cranky ThinkPads, I have an power series 820 ThinkPad (PPC
MN> 603e @ 120 MHz) I am trying to get to wake up. I have a battery but I am not
MN> sure if I have the correct power brick. How to lay a charge on the battery to
MN> see if this is at all good?

I'd start by comparing the output of the brick to the specs of the
battery.  If they're close then look to see if you can find the amps
required by the ThinkPad.  You might be able to do a 10-second
quick-connect of the brick output directly to the battery so see if
you can't get some sort of flicker out of the book via a surface
charge on the battery.

The link I came up with off the top of my Google was here:
http://confusatron.com/tech/Power820.html

This guy might have some leads for you.  In fact, looking at his page,
he has some links to others using this ilk of laptop.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc