[geeks] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 19:56:32 CDT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Of course for the GUI-brained masses there's also MacOS, and you don't
> have to run any M$ crapware on MacOS if you don't want to.

How about: "Of course, for those who have a need to run commerrcial or
educational software that is targeted toward the non-UNIX user, MacOS is a
better choice than any mickeysoft POS."

Keep in mind that MacOS X is UNIX under the gloss, and prettty good at
that.  I, as much as anybody, use UNIX for a buttload of things (Ummm...
my company prefers it?), but I have both SPARCstations and Macs at home.
Different tools for different needs.  I would be foolish to trry and
shoehorn my needs into one system, if two can cover them better.

They're tools, not a religion.  If I could rely on Windows (and if it
worked in a way that I found productive) I'd use it.  But, MacOS and UNIX
fill my needs.

-Pete