[geeks] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Michael S. Schiller geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 19:46:19 CDT 2001

Greg:

well the program I use for keeping track of my ebay auctions is one. It's called
Auctiontamer, and while it uses IE as it's browser, it does a lot more than just a
browser. Could I get along without it? Sure, but it does make auction management much
easier. And besides, if I didn't have at least one app that used Windows, how would
I justify having a SunPCi card in my U5?

-Mike

"Greg A. Woods" wrote:

> [ On Thursday, September 6, 2001 at 17:27:46 (-0400), Michael S. Schiller wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [rescue] MSFT == a-holes!  (please excuse this OT rant)
> >
> > Well, sometimes it's not a NEED as in will die without it, but rather a
> > NEED as in a few (very few) programs written for Win do make life easier.
> > Now if only they would port them to Unix :)
>
> Show me just one which fulfills requirements not equally easy to fulfill
> on a modern Unix desktop.
>
> Of course for the GUI-brained masses there's also MacOS, and you don't
> have to run any M$ crapware on MacOS if you don't want to.
>
> --
>                                                         Greg A. Woods
>
> +1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
> Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *