[geeks] RE: [rescue] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 16:44:07 CDT 2001

[[ MOVE TO GEEKS!!!! THIS SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN POSTED ON RESCUE!!!! ]]

[ On Thursday, September 6, 2001 at 13:27:40 (-0700), Fogg, James wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] MSFT == a-holes!  (please excuse this OT rant)
>
> We had a simular problem here with an Exchange server migration. The Unix
> users were horrified at having to use MSFT to use Windows so they could use
> Outlook (Look-out). Since we are doing the groupware thing it required
> Outlook (you can use non-outlook mail clients with Exchange if all you want
> is mail).

group-ware shmoop-ware!  You DO NOT need to use such crap.

e-mail alone is fine -- your IT guys must be bugged out on M$ juice or something!

Once upon a time a BBS, or even private Usenet groups, sufficed....

> Elegant solution....
> Echange Web Interface! They have a web interface that looks, smells and
> functions exactly like outlook, but only needs a browser (less bandwidth
> hungry too). Its not even Explorer specific. I use it with Linux and
> Netscape. You don't always have to use MS crap on the desktop.

Probably needs Jscript or similar scary stuff.....  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>