[geeks] Re: [rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 08:48:52 CDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:28:16PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Which desktop features?  I wouldn't use OpenBSD for a desktop, but
> mostly because it comes configured with all useful services disabled.
> :)  NetBSD looks pretty nice, but I haven't had time to set it up as a
> desktop.  I might be doing that with my DEC 3000 box, now that I've
> "found" a 19" monitor for it.

SBLive support isn't in the BSDs yet, to my understanding.  Also 3D
acceleration isn't as good in the BSDs (not that I can ever get it working
on linux, but in theory it should work).

Those two are pretty much the main things, although I also wonder how well
things like my DXR2 and video capture cards would work, but they aren't as
important.

--
Joshua D. Boyd