It's amazing (was: Re: [geeks] Re: linux is not unix)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 21:54:02 CDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Reagen B . Ward wrote:

> It's really not worthwhile, though.  Do you care if Solaris is branded
> UNIX?  I don't.

Neither do I, really.  What's funny is that when i went to college (back
in the Sun-2 and Sun-3 days), we would've given our *eye teeth* to have a
*NIX system of our own. (One of my friends installed MINIX on his 286 for
a class, we thought it was bitchin')

Now, we have so many choices available that we are jaded about it.  Wow.

-Pete