[geeks] NetBSD SMP support coming along nicely.....

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 15:07:21 CDT 2001

[[ MOVE IT TO GEEKS!!! ]]

[ On Wednesday, September 5, 2001 at 14:03:59 (-0400), Dave McGuire wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq
>
> On September 5, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > Is it only on the Alpha and x86 ports?  I just browsed the i386 ports
> > page, and couldn't find anything that jumped out at me.
>
>   Alpha, i386, and VAX.  I hear SPARC is close.  It's not in any
> official releases yet, but it's been available for many months.

NetBSD SMP is only "on the trunk" for Alpha and VAX.  i386 is still on a
branch, but one of the main developers let slip the other day that
pulling it down to the trunk is next on his priority list.  Sparc and
Sparc64 are perhaps close, but who knows how close?  Do any other
already-supported architectures matter to anyone?

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>