[geeks] better word-processing previewing....

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 02:12:26 CDT 2001

[ On Tuesday, September 4, 2001 at 15:28:33 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] better word-processing previewing....
>
> I would think that Apple, having access to all the DisplayPostscript code
> would be able to very rapidly create a new DisplayGhostscript using the
> DisplayPostscript code as a reference.

Licensing man, licensing.  Apple wouldn't reverse engineer DPS because
they'd be liiable to have to pay Adobe anyway.  Starting from scratch
with PDF using only the published documentation, and hopefully avoiding
any patented algorithms, keeps them completely in the clear.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>