[geeks] Car audio question

Matthew Poertner geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 22:52:19 CDT 2001

What kind of car?  What kind of amp?

Check and make sure you have a good ground...

I used to play with audio equipment quite a bit in high school.  I had a
1970 VW Fastback.  It had a similar problem.  Also whenever the bass
hit, the headlights would dim.  I guess the little generator didn't put
out enough juice and it was taking out quite a draw from the battery.
 So, I went to my computer repair class and tore apart some old
computers and took the capacitors (Two - about the size of a coke can).
 I hooked it up so the amp took the draw off the caps instead of the
battery.  Sounded hell of clean and the headlights didn't dim anymore.

-Matt