[geeks] Major League Oh Shit!!!

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 22:17:57 CDT 2001

> You have *GOT* to be kidding!
>
> They take whatever they want, and shoot you if they're in the mood.

Wow - talk about a dark view.  I guess I partly have no fear of the law
enforcement folks because I don't do anything wrong/stupid that would
illicit their attention (aside from driving too fast, but even at that..).

Perhaps I'm ignorant to how other folks are treated by law enforcement - but
I've never been mistreated.  Even after tearing past a police officer at
well over 150MPH one day, I drove away with a ticket for 10MPH over the
limit.  Lucky?  Maybe - but I like to think that I know how to conduct
myself - and a little humor doesn't ever hurt either.

I don't subscribe to the thought of "evil police".  In fact, I get along
quite well with all the officers in my locality.  It never hurts to interact
with the local officers either.  Wave at them when they're directing
traffic, say hello at the coffee shop, strike up a converstion about nothing
in particular, and if you own guns be sure to go down and let the Chief
know - in some localities this is a requirement (check your local laws).

Kurt