Abortion (was Re: [geeks] Major League Oh Shit!!!

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 20:52:23 CDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:37:56PM -0500, Tugrul Galatali wrote:

> 	I haven't read this thread too closely (poor Chris ;(), but what does
> this have to do with the legality of abortion. Just because they can't
> elimnate the consequences of their actions doesn't mean this had to be blown
> up into a rape case that is dragging innocent bystanders into the grave. The
> fact that the mom pushed this to another plateau is what I consider a childish
> way of handling this delicate situation. Its not the parents that have to
> consent, its the adults involved.

see, here lies the problem.  if someone absolutely wants an abortion, it's
far too easy to scream rape and fuck someone's life up.  is it right? no. but
sadly it's going to be far more common than is reasonable.  people are slime.
there are a LOT of people out there who would have NO qualms about fucking up
YOUR life to make their's better.  it's not right, it's reality.  not being
there i can't say, but it's obviously this girl's mother pushing her to do
this and if this girl has any decency in her body she will stand up in court
and say that it absolutely was not rape.  her mom is probably holding something
over her in order to force her into this, and for that her mom is the one who
should be going to jail, not the guy.

> 	I'm not against abortion on any religious high, just on principle.

i'm not stating my position because i refuse to get into a flamewar about this
subject.

-brian