[geeks] Best place for sun RAM?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 3 21:05:52 CDT 2001

How else would someone like "sunguk" get a metric
buttload of 32 Meg DIMMs for SS/20, Ultras and be able
to sell them at $10/ea? I bet he only paid a few
dollars a DIMM with no support, that is why *they*
have no Sun barcode... They seem to *have had* them in
the past... (an odd gummy region on the top-front of
each DIMM I got)

Ken

--- "Peter L. Wargo" <pwargo at basenji.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Geoff Reed wrote:
>
> > At 02:17 PM 9/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> > >Yes, but this module lacks the proper barcode. :(
> >
> > Doesn't that just frost your cookies when they rip
> the barcodes off parts? :(:(
>
> Yep, *very* annoying.  I'm not sure as to why it is
> done, either...

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com