[geeks] Daytime TV

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 2 01:21:40 CDT 2001

On Sat, 2001-09-01 at 20:37, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Is it just me, or does anyone else here not see the problem with wiping
> fingerprints off of a gun? I don't know, whenever somebody hands me their gun
> to checkout I ALWAYS wipe my fingerprints off of the gun, never know what
> that person might do (or did) with that gun!

See, I just never ever ever touch a gun from someone that I don't know
and trust.  There's just no reason for it, especially where I'm living
now.

> I must be a bad parent, when my kid was having trouble with kids picking
> fights with her I calmly explained that if somebody hits her, she should
> casually stomp them into the ground, but that she shouldn't get caught doing
> so. Of course the school said she should 'tell' on anyone hitting her. I told
> her it's better to handle it herself than running off to the authorities.
> Maybe this is why I now live in the backwoods of TN where this sort of thing
> is expected.

See, my parents taught me to use words, even though we lived out in the
boonies.  I couldn't have beat anybody up had I wanted to, at least not
until I got to sophmore year in HS, and by then there wasn't anybody
worth beating up.  In my middle school, some kid ticked me off one day
before class, and I tore into him with all of my verbal skills, and
shocked everybody around with comments about his ancestry and such.  The
principal had the balls to tell us that if I'd beat him up I wouldn't
have been suspended.  Stupid-assed bastard.  There were some good things
about living there, but the general attitude of people was NOT one of
them.
	Greg