[geeks] Daytime TV

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 1 21:47:44 CDT 2001

So I accidentally caught a episode of "Ricki" (*wharf!*) in which some
parents from two popular races were moaning and complainting that thier
kids didn't know right from wrong. *Shock* was when these kids were
playing with guns and put them down as they heard noise outside the door.
The second time they sat back down, one of them got back up and wiped his
fingerprints off the gun. The kid was 10. Parents blamed TV.

Q: So why when overpriviledged white kids go off the rail do they get
assault weapons and open up on the place?

A: Because, if their parents had tought them proper respect for firearms,
they'd presumably have better marksmanship and not need the extra lead to
compensate.

Glad I went to a hick high school. Never had a problem with guns; probably
a good thing. A few of the folks I know of would run for the parking lot
and come back with a toolbox full of scatterguns. (He liked to go hunting
afterschool.) That's if someone were *stupid* enough to point a gun at
them and they couldn't take it from them by sheer force or razor-sharp
pocket-knife.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |