[geeks] Bastards! ;^)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 09:23:04 CST 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> The issue is bandwidth, not porn, at my company - they are running almost
> 150 folks off one T1 for all public connections, including about 25-30
> remote Citrix users in UK/Calif.
>
> We lack bandwidth, plain and simple!

Just out of curiousity, does the fact that they haven't bought more
bandwidth mean anything? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, another
$500/month for an additional T1 or an upgrade to a T3 ought to be
trivial. Unless there's really no use for public connectivity. What does
your company do that you just have no need for access to the information
available on the 'net? Personally, I rarely use hardcopy references
anymore.

---sambo