[geeks] Bastards! ;^)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 08:19:55 CST 2001

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> I laugh at the cheezy attempts that some "network" people do to limit

As do I, but apparently for different reasons. I'm working on an
anonymizing cgi proxy that can be daisy chained for true anonymity, and
it encrypts the requested URI so that all the traffic cop software would
see is repeated requests for
http://ebolamonkeys.net/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi/001/687474703a2f2f7777772e73756e68656c702e6f72672f
(sunhelp.org as seen through the proxy).

A lovely thing, if I must say so myself. I'm working on a small network
of proxy servers scattered around the world, and really, once it's ready
to go, the only way to block anything is to block everything. Which
won't work soon anyway, as I'm also working on integrating tunneling
through various protocols. Allow me any connection and I'll get out.

And no, it's not quite ready for the public yet. When it is, I promise
you'll know about it.

Of course, it's usefullness is limited to clued individuals, as you do
need things like proper network settings. It will currently allow
name-based browsing without DNS, though, as all the lookups once you're
using the proxy happen at the proxy.

---sambo
it's what they pay me for