[geeks] Bastards! ;^)

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 08:11:53 CST 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 10:07, Ken Hansen wrote:
> The issue is bandwidth, not porn, at my company - they are running almost
> 150 folks off one T1 for all public connections, including about 25-30
> remote Citrix users in UK/Calif.
>
> We lack bandwidth, plain and simple!

Minus the Citrix, there's no lack of bandwidth there, unless people use
streaming media.  We ran 200 staff and plus 200 students off of a single
T1.  This got a little sluggish in the evenings when the students were
out of class, but it still felt like a 256Kbit private connection,
unless you were streaming stuff, or downloading large files.  Oh yeah,
we also had a bunch of web and email servers on the same line.  This
wasn't even that long ago.
	Greg