[geeks] U5/10 ram in AXi system?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 29 22:37:45 CST 2001

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking that ram for an U5/10 wont work in an
> Ultra AXi-based (440Mhz) box?

I fear you are indeed correct, sir. I tried those two sticks of 128M ECC
EDO DIMMs that I mentioned the other day in my U10. It wouldn't boot
woth them alone, and with the two it came with and these added it only
saw 384, not 512, which is what the math says it should be. I'm not
trying again with those.

Could my sticks work in your AXi box, and yours work in my U10? Wanna
cross-ship and see? Mine are 128's, but we could figure something out if
they work...

---sambo