[geeks] iBook

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 18:38:10 CDT 2001

>I like the firewire also, but I must say, the Wallstreet is by far the best
>PPC Powerbook ever made, the case is SO much sturdier.  I wish I still had
>access to one.

Its much sturdier but its also 3-4 pounds heavier.  My powerbook
weighs in at about 5 pounds.  My dad's wallstreet weighs in at 9.  I
also like the CPU power, the ability to use bus powered firewire
drives, and the ability to do non mirrored video on the VGA port.
I DO like the dual cardbus slots, scsi and serial/adb on the wall
street but I've found that my Keyspan adaptors work great for the 10%
of the time that I need them.  All in all the balance is still in
favor of the pismo unless you need a more "legacy" powerbook.

daniel