[geeks] Flipping through a magazine at work...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 10:49:09 CDT 2001

I noticed that in the recent Microsoft SQL Server 2000 ads they show a man ("boss"?) looking down on what appears to be a trading "pit" - has anyone else noticed this?

Did you notice that almost *every* desk has a monitor that requires a 13W3 connector? ;^)

Odd, isn't it?

Oh, and another Microsoft add is the one where they show a man sitting at his desk, talking about how some new software (OS or App., I can't remember) improved his life... Take a look at what's on his desk:

Printed Microsoft Excel/Word manuals (Circa Office 4.5)

A PC with an external floppy drive

A dot matrix printer

And other "classic" hardware and toys...

Is this intentional, or is MS trying to get some use of the vast Corbus stock photo library? ;^)

Ken