[geeks] Yeah, but...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 10:12:39 CDT 2001

Amy,

Here, as best as I can figure is the post that riled/insulted you/Bill:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 08:38:17PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > Lets take up a collection to send them all to Bill, since he is the only
> > person on this list that appreciates them... (Runs *real* fast!)

Note the humor at the end, and the clear reference to Bill's statement that
"YOU ARE ALL SPOILED."

> > We are all so spoiled, we can each easily afford a few $$ towards such a
> > noble goal!

Problem here? Just a way for mike to get rid of boxes and Bill to get the
machines he loved from "ten years ago - (when) THIS WAS A HOT-ASS
WORKSTATION"

> > Just think, he could sell his U60 and replace it with 60 SS/1s!

Surely 60 "HOT-ASS WORKSTATION(s)" would equal the power of a U60?

> > Ken

> Wow, it must have hit the once-a-week "time for Ken to be a dick" point!
8-)

See, now this is what I took exception to, right here - I see the "8-)" but
I am still being called a dick... Why should I appreciate that?

> Bill

(keep going, more below)