[geeks] E-Bay - 1991 Sun TriGem Slt-100 Sparc Laptop

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 20:12:30 CDT 2001

KH> Naw, I have a 386 DX/40 - it ROCKS! I have FreeBSD on it, downloaded over a
KH> 14.4K modem and booted off a single floppy boot diskette.

I still have the board from my first 386 computer - a 386DX-33 with
25mhz 387 chip and 16 SIMM slots.  I used that with a 330meg ESDI
drive that was flakey because I had to solder one of the jumpers
closed when it broke.  It was the first thing I ever put a 'nix on -
FreeBSD 2.1.5

Still want to set it up again - just to see how long it'll take to
process a Seti unit. *grin*

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc