[geeks] E-Bay - 1991 Sun TriGem Slt-100 Sparc Laptop

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 19:32:59 CDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 08:31:58PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Yes Bill, and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese *is* a meal, but I *never* sit down to
> a big steaming bowl of it when I am hungry... ;^)

Why not?  I do sometimes.  Mac and cheese is great.

> Last I heard, the best use you could come up with for these "gems" was to
> make a beowulf cluster/bookshelf.

Yes, I'm spoiled too.  A SunBlade 1000 at home, and a SunBlade 100 at work,
in addition to my Mac G4 cube here at home.  However, I could do what I *need*
to get done, just as easily on a SS1, if I had to.

> If we are all so spoiled, how many SS/1s do you run at home? Work?

None - my point was that people are almost damming them as *unusable* nowdays -
they're far from that.  In fact, I've got a SS1 packed iwth 64meg RAM still
sitting over at my old workplace (COMCO) that I need to go pick up, and play
with Debian/SPARC on.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford